Citing recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the NAHB’s Eye on Housing reports that, year-over-year, 17 states recorded annualized job growth above 1.5% while 31 states (+DC) had job growth between 1.4% and -0.2%. In addition, non-farm payroll employment increased in 40 states (plus the District of Columbia) and decreased in 10 states. This data points to strong job grown in the South and Western U.S. with only 2 states actually losing employment, North Dakota and Alaska. Interestingly, employment gains across these areas track with regional population growth rates.
- Seattle Tells Small Landlords Criminals are Welcome
- 42 Million Americans Will Travel Over Memorial Day
- Landlord Hank: Where Do You Draw the Line On Normal Wear & Tear?
- Median Property Values by State
- Smaller Cities Poised to Become Powerhouses
- Is the Era of Low Mortgage Rates Over?
- HouseCanary’s Q1 Rental Index
- Local Market Monitor’s National Economic Outlook for May
- 10-Step Foreclosure Buying Process
- Right Now, It is a Seller’s Market