Citing recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the NAHB’s Eye on Housing reports that, year-over-year, 17 states recorded annualized job growth above 1.5% while 31 states (+DC) had job growth between 1.4% and -0.2%. In addition, non-farm payroll employment increased in 40 states (plus the District of Columbia) and decreased in 10 states. This data points to strong job grown in the South and Western U.S. with only 2 states actually losing employment, North Dakota and Alaska. Interestingly, employment gains across these areas track with regional population growth rates.
- NAFTA 2018 – Good or Bad for Real Estate?
- America’s Hottest ZIP Codes
- New Miami Beach Laws Cracking Down on Short-Term Rentals
- Yardi Says Long-Term Demand for Rentals to Remain High
- The Pros & Cons of Paying Off Your Mortgage Or Investing in Real Estate
- Best Airports in America
- Millennials Moving to Urban Cores
- Big Single-Family Landlord to Spend $1 Billion on Home-Flipping
- Multifamily Units See Large Spike in 2017
- Former Rock-n-Roller Masterminds Multimillion-Dollar Real Estate Scam