When you think of Marriott you generally think of the large hotel chain known for their hospitality….but a competitor to Airbnb doesn’t come to mind. Conde Naste Traveler recently reported that Marriott, in recent announcement, said they have begun a trial program in the U.K. where they will list 200 homes through their partner Hostmaker. The report also pointed out that in 2017 Hyatt invested in vacation rental company Oasis, adding 2k homes to its portfolio as part of their “Unbound Collection. Interestingly, Airbnb recently crossed the 4 million listing threshold, which is significantly more than the inventory of the top-5 hotel companies (including Marriott) combined. There was no word about expanding the pilot program into the U.S.
- Wealthiest & Poorest Counties in all 50 States
- New Startup Buys Your Home and Rents it Back to You
- Democrat Lawmakers Take Aim at Landlords
- Remodeling Magazine’s 2019 Cost vs Value Report
- High-Income Americans Are Fastest Growing Renter Segment
- One in Eleven Mortgages Seriously Underwater
- Fastest Growing Retirement Towns
- Where Were the Most Jobs Created in 2018?
- Yardi: Rents Hold Steady in January
- Social Media Image Sizing Guide