When you think of Marriott you generally think of the large hotel chain known for their hospitality….but a competitor to Airbnb doesn’t come to mind. Conde Naste Traveler recently reported that Marriott, in recent announcement, said they have begun a trial program in the U.K. where they will list 200 homes through their partner Hostmaker. The report also pointed out that in 2017 Hyatt invested in vacation rental company Oasis, adding 2k homes to its portfolio as part of their “Unbound Collection. Interestingly, Airbnb recently crossed the 4 million listing threshold, which is significantly more than the inventory of the top-5 hotel companies (including Marriott) combined. There was no word about expanding the pilot program into the U.S.
- Household Landlines Continue to Recede
- Redfin’s 2019 Migration Report
- AAA Says 43 Million Americans Will Travel Over Memorial Day
- Existing Home Sales Down 0.4% in April
- Mortgage Delinquency Rates by Loan Type
- Puerto Rico Wants to Use Federal Aid to Juice Opportunity Zone Projects
- Housing Affordability Rose in Q1
- Housing Starts and Building Permits Up in April
- What’s Behind Phantom Traffic Jams?
- Top Home Technology Features that Buyers Want