When you think of Marriott you generally think of the large hotel chain known for their hospitality….but a competitor to Airbnb doesn’t come to mind. Conde Naste Traveler recently reported that Marriott, in recent announcement, said they have begun a trial program in the U.K. where they will list 200 homes through their partner Hostmaker. The report also pointed out that in 2017 Hyatt invested in vacation rental company Oasis, adding 2k homes to its portfolio as part of their “Unbound Collection. Interestingly, Airbnb recently crossed the 4 million listing threshold, which is significantly more than the inventory of the top-5 hotel companies (including Marriott) combined. There was no word about expanding the pilot program into the U.S.
- The Corporate Tax Cut Is Paying for Itself
- Landlord Charged with Housing Discrimination for “No Teenagers Please”
- Most Expensive ZIP Codes for Rent
- Adjusted for Inflation, Home Prices are 4% Less than in 2007
- Best Places to Live in America?
- 87% of Homebuyers in Detroit Paid Cash
- Data Shows Migration to Low-Tax Metros is Accelerating
- Yardi Says Multifamily Rents Keep Climbing
- Chimney Anatomy
- Mobile Home Investing