When you think of Marriott you generally think of the large hotel chain known for their hospitality….but a competitor to Airbnb doesn’t come to mind. Conde Naste Traveler recently reported that Marriott, in recent announcement, said they have begun a trial program in the U.K. where they will list 200 homes through their partner Hostmaker. The report also pointed out that in 2017 Hyatt invested in vacation rental company Oasis, adding 2k homes to its portfolio as part of their “Unbound Collection. Interestingly, Airbnb recently crossed the 4 million listing threshold, which is significantly more than the inventory of the top-5 hotel companies (including Marriott) combined. There was no word about expanding the pilot program into the U.S.
- NAFTA 2018 – Good or Bad for Real Estate?
- America’s Hottest ZIP Codes
- New Miami Beach Laws Cracking Down on Short-Term Rentals
- Yardi Says Long-Term Demand for Rentals to Remain High
- The Pros & Cons of Paying Off Your Mortgage Or Investing in Real Estate
- Best Airports in America
- Millennials Moving to Urban Cores
- Big Single-Family Landlord to Spend $1 Billion on Home-Flipping
- Multifamily Units See Large Spike in 2017
- Former Rock-n-Roller Masterminds Multimillion-Dollar Real Estate Scam