When you think of Marriott you generally think of the large hotel chain known for their hospitality….but a competitor to Airbnb doesn’t come to mind. Conde Naste Traveler recently reported that Marriott, in recent announcement, said they have begun a trial program in the U.K. where they will list 200 homes through their partner Hostmaker. The report also pointed out that in 2017 Hyatt invested in vacation rental company Oasis, adding 2k homes to its portfolio as part of their “Unbound Collection. Interestingly, Airbnb recently crossed the 4 million listing threshold, which is significantly more than the inventory of the top-5 hotel companies (including Marriott) combined. There was no word about expanding the pilot program into the U.S.
- Seattle Tells Small Landlords Criminals are Welcome
- 42 Million Americans Will Travel Over Memorial Day
- Landlord Hank: Where Do You Draw the Line On Normal Wear & Tear?
- Median Property Values by State
- Smaller Cities Poised to Become Powerhouses
- Is the Era of Low Mortgage Rates Over?
- HouseCanary’s Q1 Rental Index
- Local Market Monitor’s National Economic Outlook for May
- 10-Step Foreclosure Buying Process
- Right Now, It is a Seller’s Market