We have had several recent posts about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act’s opportunity zones – one of the most exciting and game-changing investment incentives to ever to come along. On a recent episode of the Rental Property Owners & Real Estate Investing Podcast, Brian Hamrick talks with Duane Culver about what you need to know about Opportunity Zones as well as shedding light on any lingering questions about your 2018 tax preparation. Duane is a CPA and President of Culver CPA Group. Discussion topics include:
- Qualified Business Income Deduction (QBID) and how it relates to your rental income.
- Do you still have to pay the Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Penalty?
- Reminder on the larger Standard Deduction you’re able to take.
- Change in how you can deduct charitable contributions.
- What you need to know about Opportunity Zones.