According to the latest Zillow Market Report, the median U.S. home value rose 8.7% to $215,600, representing the fastest year-over-year increase since June, 2006. Zillow says this gain is part of a general upward trend that started in early 2015 when values were climbing at less than 5% year-over-year. In addition to rising values, Zillow says the median U.S. rent grew by 2.5% (year-over-year) to $1,449 a month and has been growing by more than 2% since September 2017. Be sure to click on the interactive map below for more detail.
- Fervor about Opportunity Zones is Heating up Across America
- Emotional Support Alligators Are a Thing Now
- States Where Young Adults are Most likely to live with their parents?
- Foreclosures at Lowest Level Since 2005
- Who Was Dr. Martin Luther King?
- Car Ownership is on the Rise in America’s Biggest Most Transit-Oriented Cities
- Best Metros for Working Remotely
- Cities with the Most Non-Mortgage Indebted Seniors
- IRS Reopens Key Program for Mortgage Loans During Partial Shutdown
- ABA’s 10 Real Estate Finance Policy Issues to Watch in ’19